Survey Services is our full-service survey, research and analytics bureau. The bureau assists clients manage their total information collection, analysis and reporting requirements.
The participants in our projects range from a few hundred to more than one million. We combine a variety of quantitative and qualitative techniques in a single project, eg, conducting personal interviews and focus groups before moving onto a web survey.
We collect and report on of all forms of information required by business and government enterprises. This includes information from employees, customers, suppliers and stakeholders. As well as data from field studies, manufacturing, sales and automated equipment.
We also create custom reporting suites for small and large datasets. These reports can be produced for individuals (eg, 360° feedback) and organisations (eg, employee or customer surveys) as well as for long-term purposes (eg, industry-wide benchmarking).
Projects range from one to two weeks in duration to three-year benchmarking studies, and cover a number of industry sectors and companies as well as individuals.
ASR has developed the Survey Manager software technology suite to do this. We also offer the technical services to create interfaces from Survey Manager to your HRIS, CRM, financial and other systems.
Survey Manager is the information platform which underpins survey-research bureau, run on our database and web servers housed in a secure 24x7 Data Centre in Melbourne. From here, we can reach most people online anywhere in the world.
ASR uses several powerful reporting engines to provide clients reports over the web where each report can be password-protected.
Were appropriate, we use a range of statistical and other reporting tools. Also, we specialise in those difficult 'one-off' data collection & reporting assignments, often requiring sophisticated statistical analysis.
We offer a range of services, including:
- Research design
- Sample construction
- Data collection
- Project management
- Interpreting results and identifying action points
- High performance statistical processing
- Specialised business intelligence
- Web access & dissemination.
- Customer satisfaction surveys
- Employee attitude surveys
- Performance appraisals & skills audits
- 360°and other multi-rater surveys
- Training evaluation
- Remuneration surveys
- Psychometric testing and recruitment screening
- Quantitative market research
- Timesheets, expenses or inventory tracking
- Capturing field data from experiments
- Capturing production volumes, work processes or decision steps.
We can run any combination of:
- Web surveys
- Paper forms and questionnaires
- Scannable paper forms
- Telephone interviewing (CATI)
- Field work (sub-contracted)
- Focus groups, and
- In-depth interviewing by our consultants.
We support six types of web survey project:
A survey that can be answered by anyone with access to the survey link. Respondents remain completely anonymous.
- Anonymous with return later password
A survey that can be answered by anyone with access to the survey link. A respondent can nominate a password (optional) to allow completion over the course of multiple sessions. Respondents remain completely anonymous.
- Anonymous with unique login code
A survey that can be answered by anyone with access to the survey link accompanied by a unique login code. Respondents remain completely anonymous.
- Anonymous with survey access codes A survey that can be answered by anyone with access to the survey link who has the common survey password - one password for all respondents. Respondents remain completely anonymous.
A survey that is distributed to a pool of known respondents. Each invitee is provided with a unique ID/password with which to access the survey, which also serves as a respondent identifier.
- Multi-rater surveys
All variants of upward feedback, team, 180° and 360° surveys. Each respondent gets a personalised web menu of questionnaires for each person they are answering about, together with their role with regard to the person (manager, peer, subordinate, etc). As they progress through their menu, the numbers of questionnaires diminish.
For multi-rater surveys such as upward feedback and 360°:
- Our software allows for user-selected respondents
- Questionnaires are bundled together for multiple recipients
- Pre-survey messages and reminders are sent automatically
- Progress is tracked
- Individual feedback reports can be returned by paper, email and the web.
For those important jobs where you need security, proven expertise and a proven track record in handling sensitive information.
We work for:
- Government departments
- Enforcement agencies
- Market researchers
- Human resource firms
- Not-for-profit organisations
- Regulatory authorities
- Management consultants
- Organisation development specialists
We assist you to collect and report on of all forms of information required by business and government enterprises.
We specialise in those difficult 'one-off' data collection & reporting assignments, often requiring sophisticated statistical analysis.
Will it take time to organise a dedicated server?
Is your IT Department unable to help immediately?
Do you have limited time and a limited budget?
Then the ASR analytics bureau is a safe alternative because:
- We run your project on our equipment
- We take out the hassle (no need to involve your IT Department)
- You benefit from our experience.
The bureau features:
- Servers housed in secure Tier 1 Data Centre
- Use our database and web servers (or house yours with us)
- Defence security clearance
- SSL encryption available
- Suitable for internal and public use
- 24x7 up time
- Monthly subscription
- Short term and long term projects
- All types of data and analysis accommodated
- Certified by Defence for handling Commonwealth data.
Using our question library, or your own, and our on-line tools, you can create, administer and analyse your own survey on our web site. The main steps are:
- Design the questionnaire, with or without our help, and supply it to us.
- We load your questionnaire into Survey Manager, which is located on our web server.
- You e-mail an invitation to the people designated to participate in the survey. The email message contains a URL (hyperlink) that automatically takes the respondents to the questionnaire on our web server.
- After the completion period, the survey is analysed and reports produced. This can be done using our tools or we can give you a data extract to analyse in-house using the tools of your choice.
- If you want a permanent web survey that collects ongoing feedback, we can give you continuous access to your responses as they come in.
- Alternatively, we can send you regular updates, eg, last month, last quarter or whenever you want it.
We host your survey on our web site
You design your own survey (instructions, questionnaire and respondent group) and do your own analysis. We will provide the software to display and distribute the questionnaire, as well as collect the answers. This can be a one-off survey or an ongoing survey. Security is ensured.
We can give you the completed data for you to analyse, or we will assist you to do the analysis using our tools. Our reports can be e-mailed back to you, broadcast on your Intranet, or made available to selected people through password access. We can do this for a one-off project, an ongoing survey, or a series of different types of surveys.
Use your Intranet
We will install our powerful software on site and assist you to conduct your own surveys. We can train your staff to use the software, or do it for you on site. This service covers questionnaire design, with your questions or ours. Reports can be customised to your requirements, or we will extract the completed survey data and load it into the database or analytical tools of your choice. Our software is compatible with Lotus Notes e-mail system.
We help you only where needed to carry out one or more steps of the survey process, eg, questionnaire design, drawing up sample sets, analysis, or interpreting your results. Also, you may want to repeat a survey you have run previously, but want to use your Intranet or the Internet for the first time. We have the software tools to enable you to do this. We can help you amalgamate the current survey with the data from previous surveys.
Hire us to do it all
We can organise everything for you, including questionnaire design and testing, automatic respondent assignment, questionnaire distribution and follow up, as well as full analysis and report production. We employ statisticians and psychologists who have a wealth of experience in survey design and analysis and you benefit from this in-house expertise.
Pre-populated questionnaire: we can build special features into your questionnaires, such as presenting respondents with their previous years' data
Specialised content: by arrangement with a number of major consulting, psychology and market research companies, we can supply validated instruments, depending upon the purpose of your survey.
Custom reports: our programmers can build reports to your specification for hard and soft copy distribution. We have many pre-designed report formats including upward feedback/360® feedback reports. Our standard reports are available in black-white and colour formats, but you might want special effects added to your presentations.
Discover hidden trends: combine the results of consumer and employee surveys with business and financial parameters in our powerful database. This enables you to identify lead and lag factors affecting your bottom line.
Data cleansing: with our data warehousing capability and our statistical expertise, we can cleanse, combine and analyse data to create new information that will provide your decision-makers with insights for improving your organization's effectiveness and performance.